Sunday, January 24, 2021

Finding Balance

 Hello my loves!

From the title you can see that today's blog will be about finding balance. This is something that I have always struggled with. Figuring out the prefect recipe to make every aspect of my life work smoothly and be perfect. Reality Check!! There is no perfect recipe to perfection. Perfection is near impossible. Instead of trying to be perfect, I have slowly come to realize that what I really need to be is balanced. There is a recipe to balance- but here's the catch... it is different for every person and every family. No two people can balance the exact same way. Just like in cooking or sports you have to follow a general rule or routine but you have to adapt that routine or rule to fit your specific needs. This is the same for life as well. 

If there was a set recipe or cheat code to finding the perfect balance to life-- life would be so much simpler. But life shouldn't be simple. Simple is boring. Life should be fun, challenging and constantly engaging. We should strive to keep our lives exciting and adventurous, and find simple ways to maintain a balanced life. OKAY OKAY -- HEAR ME OUT!!

When I say constantly engaging, adventurous, exciting and fun I don't mean that it will always be- but we should strive for that. We should try and fill our daily routines with things that will keep us going and our cups full. At least half full.

Let me preface it this way; Let's say on your todo list you have: Groceries, laundry, dishes, cleaning the bathroom and getting gas. But also in that day you have to work 8 hrs, take care of kids, and find time to eat, shower and play with the kids. Does this sound intimidating? Does is look daunting? Does this sound fun and exciting? How can this be BALANCED?

    Good morning! Its 7 am- I have to work at 9 am which means I leave at 830 am. Okay let balance this morning out. Lets check items off that list and lets have a FUN morning!! It can be fun, balanced and productive. *Turn on some jams- upbeat music with a good message. *Make a coffee, and see how many eggs you can crack into bowl while your coffee is brewing. Boom breakfast is started, coffee is on.✅✅ Now lets get those kids up and shower for the day. Go into their rooms- get them up and give them a challenge. Say "can you get dressed and brush your teeth before I get out of the shower?" Now GO!! The race is on! Boom- 3 more items are checked off! ✅✅✅

    See how simple can really be to add some fun into your busy morning? It can really make that morning so much more enjoyable. Your day has started on a great note!

For me I realized I needed to change my lifestyle when my son was starting to act out because instead of playing with him I was constantly cleaning the house. My home was spotless but my son was missing me. I was home 24/7 yet he was missing his mom. He wanted me more. He wanted to learn and help and play yet all I did was worry about the other things around us. This is when I adapted this whole balanced life thing. It wasn't easy at first. After a week or two I really noticed how much happier we all were. Just by using the awake hours of the day to play and teach my children and the sleep hours to clean the house. I would only give myself a couple hours at night and after that I waited until the next day. I did this so my schedule wasn't so intimidating. 

Y'all balance can seem intimidating at first, I get it. I am not always balanced. I'm only balanced like 82% of the time. But just by being balanced 82% of the time- my life truly is so much more enjoyable. My daily life isn't as daunting anymore. I feel better knowing that balance can be achieved in very simple ways. 

My message to you all is this--

When you wake up everyday, instead of seeing all of these tasks and things as scary and daunting. See them as a chance to create a challenge and balance. Try to find a way to give yourself 30 minutes to clean and 30 minutes to eat and play. Equal time for everything. If you cant give equal time to all tasks cut one out and move it to the next day as a new added challenge. Don't worry if the dishes aren't perfect and clean. Just live, and enjoy and remember that you truly only have one life. Don't spend your life scrubbing away- spend your life in a balanced way. 

Finding balance is not something that has to be an all at once thing either. You can really start with one thing at a time. Start with your mornings and once you balance those try lunch. Move up your day and schedule until you find what works best for you. I promise you it is doable and it will be worth it. I believe in you- You've got this! 

Its okay to fall, and start again. Balance takes trial and error. Just take it one step at a time! 

I love you all, Thanks for reading. See you next time 

Love, Momma Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Moved!

 Its been a few months since I sat down to write up a blog post. We have been quite busy over here in the Olson household! Over the last few...