Monday, January 25, 2021

Arizona Chronicles: The Flight

Bragging time. My kids are angels. I can’t even begin to explain how proud I am of my babies. They are fabulous travelers. We’re there hiccups? Maybe one or two... 


I may have yelled at an airport gate employee for not letting a mother and her crying newborn on with the first boarding group. The baby was starving and tired and needed to be fed. However this man said no you have to wait for your group. I was furious. People. Come on. What does it matter if she gets on a little sooner. She is tired, stressed and that baby is starving. Let the poor woman on. Have a heart. It broke my heart. There are times when I truly feel like society is failing. The order of boarding truly is not more important than a hungry newborn. To that momma- I see you, I feel the pain you felt, I hear your cries for more accommodations in place for breast feeding mommas- and mommas in general. We truly all must do better. 


Okay, I ranted. I am good now. Now let’s get into the fun stuff. Ahhhhh ARIZONA! Our home town. We left the blizzards in Minnesota for the warm sunny cactus Christmas in Arizona! 






Like I said at the beginning. The flight was really great. The kids were well behaved. Camden wore his mask and the baby slept a lot and was very calm. Camden loved the thrill of the plane, watching the bags get loaded. Seeing all the different people in the airport. The moving floor in the airport. Watching out the window as the plane took off and landed. It was the coolest day ever in his book. Jackie and I were so thrilled watching the excitement and joy in his eyes. It was a good day. Can we please talk about airplane pretzels? Why are they so much better in those tiny foil bags? The salt, the crunch the yummies. Ahhh I could bathe in those. Okay okay was that too far? With all seriousness - I truly look forward to those pretzels when flying! 


Holy cow y’all. Traveling with 2 kids is no walk in the park. Air travel with kids is definitely a lot of preparing and stuff. Oh the stuff. 2 car seats, 4 suitcases, 4 carry ons, 1 stroller- the bottles, the diapers, the snacks, the toys, the clothing. THERES SO MUCH. I definitely wouldn’t change this for the world though. I love taking my kids on trips. Seeing the awe in their eyes with every new thing is just a huge reminder to me at how fragile and precious life is. Watching the world through my kids eyes makes the world seem way better and more beautiful. Kids have this way of finding joy and beauty in the smallest most mundane things. Camden reminds every day to sit down, slow down and enjoy. Soak it in. We won’t be here forever. 


Thank you to my father-in-law for getting us safely to the airport and helping us carry our 537 items to the check in counter. I’m sorry for the crumbs in your truck... and the crackers thrown at your head while driving. Camden wanted to leave a piece for you to remember him by in your truck! LOL!! 


Getting checked in went great, I forgot our car seat check bag in my car that I left at my father in laws... BUT the nice guy checking us in said he couldn’t remember how to charge us for one so gave it to us for free. How sweet! What a great little Christmas gift! 


Quick side note: Traveling on Christmas Eve is not recommended — there are 700 people in the airport and FYI the flights are completely

Packed. Full capacity. 


All checked in, Camden is now convinced himself and us that he can walk through the airport by himself with his own backpack! He is soooo big! We’re on our way to security. Hooo boy! That is frightening. Lmao! Each airport is different so some make you take every single food item, bottle, electronic, watch, bracelet, belt, etc out of the bag and off before sending it through the scanner. Yup. 72 fruit snacks have to be taken out of the snack bag and placed into their own bin. Oy. Is. Right. Why is every security check point man so freaking grumpy when families with kids come through? Do they enjoy making our lives more stressful? We got through security after about 20 minutes of unloading and reloading our 4 bags! And off we went to our gate to check in and get on the flight! The first flight was absolutely amazing. Camden loved it! He got a snack, watched out the window and played with his toys so well! 


Once we landed in Denver we definitely were getting hangry! Pizza was the choice of the 3 year old! We filled our bellies, and off again on the plane we went! The second flight was fast and sweet! Both kids and Jackie slept and I wrote a blog, edited some videos and photos and kisses the heads of my 3 sweeties! I also ate all 4 pretzel bags!! Yummy! 


Y’all, I can’t even begin to explain how proud I am! My kids are so wonderful!! (Just wait for part 3 to hear me change my mind about flying with kids haha! JK!) The travel part to Arizona really went swimmingly! We arrived and Lloyd was there waiting for us! He was so happy to see his grandkids and we were so happy to be on land again! 


Just wait for part two of our Arizona Trip Chronicles! 



See ya on the next one! 

Love, Momma Olson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Moved!

 Its been a few months since I sat down to write up a blog post. We have been quite busy over here in the Olson household! Over the last few...