Sunday, January 10, 2021

Be The Change

*I will preface this by saying this is in no way a political post*

Its officially 2021. I am not sure whether to be excited or nervous about what 2021 may bring. To be real- the worlds' events are definitely swaying me toward the anxious side of things. BUT--- If you know me you know that I really do try to see the positive in things or at least find something else to be happy and positive about. There is so many scary things and unknown things happening in our nation that I truly am rattled. I don't know what the future holds, neither do a lot of others. I'm sure there are millions who are as confused I am. I want to say that finding the positive in the current events is really hard and it has taken me a few days to really process it all and find my words. 
    As a mom the first thing that pop into my brain when anything happens is "how will this affect my children?" Now normally the event that happens is minuscule or wont truly affect myself or my children, unfortunately that is not true for the most current of events that took place at our Nations Capitol. My social medias, news outlets and notifications have been flooded with hundreds of different opinions and perspectives of the events. It took me days to truly comprehend what the he** took place and why. One answer will truly never be fulfilled for me no matter what anyone tells me. In my mind violence of any form or any manner is not necessary and just escalates things further. 
    In the last 8 months there has been many times where I turn on my phone to check my social medias and instead of seeing silly memes, cute animal videos or family posts; I see horrific photos and videos of violence. Unsettling news articles and headlines. I see fear, I read fear. Fear has been everywhere. There are people hurting, clearly broken and trying to speak up and speak out. Unfortunately there are extremists that turn the hope for peace into a roar of violence. The pain of those hurting is overshadowed by the unfortunate events that have taken place in multiple different places and settings. To those people hurting: YOU ARE HEARD. YOU ARE SEEN. We aren't afraid to speak out and incite change. Change will happen. It must. We must unite, grow and listen to our fellow Americans. Its imperative for the future our children. 
    From a Pandemic that locked our nation down, broke many families, destroyed businesses, pushed our front liners to the brink, and swallowed us alive; we moved straight into the presidential race that completely divided our nation in half. We were no longer unified. We were exhausted, broken and confused. How were we supposed to feel? How were we to react?
                 
                NOT THE WAY WE DID.

Moving forward my message to you all is that change starts at home. Our children are the change, they are our why. We have to start behaving the way we want our kids to. We need to make a place that we want our children to grow up in. The current way our society is behaving and working is not what I want for my kids. Now is the time to speak up, make a change and encourage those around you to stand up and and make a positive change in our nation. The future in our hands. We decide the future of our country and the future of our children's country. 

    Acknowledging the events that have happened in the 8 months is imperative. You must know what has gone on. Anger has started rallies that have not only harmed things but people. Fear has awaken monsters. Control has divided a people that have worked hard on creating a safe and unified home. There were the events that took place in Minneapolis, an unfortunate death, unfairly treated people, lack of equality, police and law enforcement complications (bad and good) to the most recent event that took place at our capitol. I have acknowledged, have you? I am truly and completely heart broken over these events. I am confused. Like many others out there I do not know how to react or to feel. But what I do know that I feel pissed, I feel enraged, I feel hurt. I feel ready to make a change. I feel ready to speak out. I am ready to make this country a safer place for my children to live. There cannot be anymore of this. No more fear, No more violence. We must talk and we must LISTEN. Not only hear but listen to the needs and the fears. Listen for the change. Make the change heard. 

CHANGE STARTS AT HOME. CHANGE IS IMPERATIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Moved!

 Its been a few months since I sat down to write up a blog post. We have been quite busy over here in the Olson household! Over the last few...